Make rich and delicious crème fraîche with this easy-to-use, direct-set starter culture. True crème fraîche is milder in flavor and contains more fat than sour cream, which gives it a thicker, richer texture.
- Each box contains 4 packets of starter culture.
- Use 1 packet with 1 quart of cream or half-and-half.
- Cultures at room temperature, 72º-77ºF, 22º-25ºC with no appliance required.
- This culture may be used with heavy cream, light cream, or raw cream.
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT products.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture – each packet can be used to make one batch of crème fraîche.
- Instructions for making crème fraîche are included with your starter.
Use crème fraîche as a topping for desserts or in any recipe that calls for sour cream.
Crème Fraîche Starter Culture Ingredients
- Lactic bacteria (lactococcus lactis supsp. lactis, Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris, Lactococcus lactis subsp. diacetylactis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris)
- Organic Vegetable Rennet
Crème Fraîche Starter Culture Allergen Information
- This product is manufactured in a facility that also processes products made with soy and dairy.
Shipping Information and Shelf Life
- Our Crème Fraîche Starter Culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Use by date on box.