Make kefir at home with this powdered starter culture. With no grains to maintain, this culture is easy to use to make homemade kefir at a much lower cost than buying kefir at the store, and it’s delicious! Drink plain, add flavoring, or use kefir in many different recipes.
- Each box contains 2 packets of kefir starter.
- Use 1 packet with 1 quart dairy milk, juice, or coconut milk or coconut water.
- Cultures at room temperature, 22°-24°C, no appliance required.
- Avoid using ultra pasteurized or UHT milk.
- May be re-cultured 2-7 times, using a small amount from the current batch to make a new batch.
- Instructions for using this culture are included.
- Proprietary blend of selected strains of lactococci, lactobacilli, Leuconostoc, and Saccharomyces fragilis bacteria.
- May contain trace amounts of soy and milk.
- May contain trace amounts of soy and dairy.
- Manufactured in a facility that produces products containing soy and dairy.
Shipping and Storage Information
- Our kefir starter culture is shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in the refrigerator or freezer and use by the date on the box.